Why We Run
Run Around The Square is an annual charity event that raises money to maintain, promote and advance the betterment of the Regent Square community. We run to support our community. The charities supported have included – but are not limited to – the Wilkins School Community Center, the Frick Environmental Center, and the Regent Square Civic Association.
The Wilkins School Community Center
Your very generous donation makes a huge huge difference in our ability to have a place that is safe, warm and welcoming. The donation enables us to make needed repairs and offer affordable programming and free events.
There would be no Braddock Avenue wall, inside painting of meeting rooms and masonry repairs without the assistance of RATS! Our center is then able to offer space for social service meeting and community groups at little or no cost.
Thank you for your continued support.
The Frick Environmental Center
- subsidize public school programs for our school partners, ranging from Kindergarten through High School
- keep our program fees for summer camps and family programs accessible for all.
- provide “camperships” for participants in need of financial assistance (camps are offered for children 3 years old through those finishing 7th grade)
- attain materials and supplies for educational programs and community events, such as our fall “Bump in the Night” program and annual Earth Day celebration
- purchase trees, shrubs and other herbaceous plants for park restoration and stewardship projects with schools
- support and train educators in the best practices of environmental education to provide exceptional programs
The Regent Square Civic Association
The Run Around the Square is a beloved community event – and its impact goes far beyond the day of the race! Contributions from Run Around the Square have enabled the Regent Square Civic Association to maintain and enhance a variety of initiatives, such as the holiday lights, Second Saturday events, and the annual yard sale. We are incredibly grateful for the efforts and support of the Run Around the Square team!